Monday, May 19, 2008

Almost Summer!

Well, Spring has sprung and it is looking green outside my window. Too bad Michigan is still in the 50's and 60's. Wish it were warmer, but hey, wait five minutes and the temperature will change! Seems to be an unwritten rule here.

I am excited to announce the release of The Captain's Wench (think The Ghost and Mrs. Muir contemporary and spicier) on Mother's Day, May 12th from Devine Destinies, an imprint of eXtasy Books. You can check it out on my Bookshelf page, as well as the book trailer done by my webmistress! It's fabulous!!!

I just finished the final galleys on my as yet unreleased Scottish castle paranormal complete with a smelly canine and a totally handsome ghost entitled The Laird's Lady, from The Wild Rose Press. As soon as I know a date, you will to, I promise! Who can resist a handsome Laird just waiting to claim his Lady???? Not me, and I bet you can't either.

On a personal note, my son is home on leave from the Army and I am very happy to have him here, even if it is only for 13 days! I'll take it. He deploys May 30th to his next post where he will stay until his unit is sent overseas.

This past weekend my family and I participated in the One Year Survivor Walk for the Cancer Society as I am just that. A one year survivor of colon cancer. The teams that walked (Relay for Life) raised money for a very worthy cause and deserve a huge round of kudos for all they do. I know I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the support of my family, my friends, and my doctors and nurses. All had a hand in keeping me moving forward last year when I was too tired to go on.

But let's not get maudlin, it's time for celebration. For all of you writers out there, keep the fingers flying on the keyboards and for all you readers, go check out my Bookshelf. Lots of good reading there to keep you busy.

Take care all. Happy May! Patti

No comments: