Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!

A very happy and safe fourth of July to everyone out there. I know I haven't been as good at keeping up on my blog as I would have liked, so today I'm going to change all that.

This past year has brought many surprises, both good and bad for me. I've just returned from the hospital once again from another surgery. This time a right knee arthroscopy. I swear the older I get, the harder it is to recoup from surgery. Today every bit of numbness has fled and in its place, plain old pain. I'm sitting here with the ice bag and aspirin, to ease the pain and swelling.

But I digress. This has been a good year for writing and submitting. At present I have a partial at Silhouette Desire, a partial at Mills and Boon, a partial with Kensington and three top choice agent queries out there. I am also getting ready for RWA National Conference July 27-31st. Though I will be leaving Orlando early to fly back for my daughter's wedding on July 31st, so am missing the GH and RITA awards. But some things can't be helped. I have my pitches all ready for National, got my top choice appt and am very happy about that as well. This should be a very fruitful conference, the way I see it.

And hopefully in the fall we'll be heading out for vacation for a week. We had planned to go earlier but everything went a little topsy turvy as the son came home from Iraq and was here for three weeks. The daughter's wedding is closing in quickly, and the real world takes priority at times.

So, in closing I hope you are all having a wonderful summer. Chat soon. Patti

No comments: