Friday, July 16, 2010

Life Is Good

Hey everyone, I'm back and ready to share some wonderful news with all of you. Last week Thursday I signed with my verey first agent, Jill Marsal of the Marsal Lyon Agency. I am thrilled beyond belief to be working with Jill.

And we are less than two weeks away from heading to sunny, HOT Florida for the RWA National Conference. I must admit I am a tad more (ok alot more) excited about this years conference than I have been in a long time. Does it have something to do with signing with an agent? Probably. Reconnecting with writer friends I haven't seen in over a year? Definitely. Dinner with a writer friend I haven't seen in 3 years? Absolutely!!

I also have an appt with my first choice editor pick as well, and will be pitching my category novel to her. I have plans to see friends on Tues and Wed, the Literacy Signing on Wed p.m. as well as the Greater Detroit Booksellers Best Award Reception(I'm co chair), dinner with a writer friend on Thurs, workshops on Thursday and Friday, then leaving for home early Friday afternoon in order to be back here for my daughter's wedding bright and early Saturday a.m.

Sunday will be a day of rest (hahaha) and then on Monday we are heading to Cedar Point to meet up with friends who came up from Florida for their vacation and the wedding and spending the day with them. After that I can rest. Or crash land, whichever comes first.

I hope whatever you are all doing this summer, you are having a blast with it. Till next time, Patti

1 comment:

Rue Allyn said...

Life is indeed good. Your's sounds exciting as well. Best of luck at RWA. Good wishes for the wedding. Unfortunately FL doesn't have a monopoly on hot right now.